Company: Kansas Builders Insurance Group
Job Title: Loss Control Manager
Reports to: Administrator
FLSA Status: Salaried
Division/Department: Loss Control
SUMMARY The primary function of the Loss Control Manager is to manage and oversee activities of the Loss Control Department to ensure the KBIG Mission Statement is maintained. The Loss Control Manager will monitor industry and company trends relating to frequency and severity of claims and to develop and implement corresponding action plans. The goal is to maintain a better than industry average loss experience by applying a proactive safety program on an individual insured level and overall company level.
- Directs and oversees the operations of the Loss Control Department within the policies and guidelines of KBIG and at the direction of the Administrator. Maintain a high level of knowledge in the areas of loss control techniques and practices, Workers’ Compensation laws, OSHA regulations, workers compensation procedures, construction standards, as well as KBIG policies and procedures.
- The Loss Control Manager will coordinate participant visits which will include visits performed by the manager, Loss Control Department representatives and third party contracted safety consulting services. High priority visits may include large loss visits, pre-inspections on potential participants and accounts with underwriting concerns that require immediate action plans.
- Work with the Underwriting and Claims Departments to monitor and identify risk at the participant and overall company level in need of loss control services. Priority visits will be based on recommendations from the Underwriting Manager and the Claims Department. Additional analysis of participant risks will be performed by the Loss Control Manager, the Underwriting Manager and the Administrator.
- Interact with local Home Builders Associations within the state to promote KBIG’s Mission Statement. Will help coordinate marketing efforts as directed by the Administrator. Interact with the Kansas Workers’ Compensation Division, OSHA, Excess Carriers and any other external organization as required and as opportunities occur.
- Responsible for monitoring KBIG’s and industry trends to develop training opportunities that will result in maintaining a results oriented safety culture. Primary focus is to reduce exposure to risk by training participants in the best practices currently developed in the industry or by regulation. The Loss Control Manager will take the lead position in conducting training classes.
- Ensure efficient use of time and company assets in the scheduling process while maintaining the goal of reducing risk exposure to KBIG.
- The Loss Control Manager shall be responsible for developing/writing/editing/proof-reading of any material needed by the Loss Control Department.
- Data is to be analyzed on an individual participant level and an overall KBIG and industry level. Responsible for reporting any safety related information to fulfill all regulatory requirements. Shall analyze current data to pinpoint risk within KBIG and formulate action plans to correct any negative trend.
- Assure department staff is effectively performing their duties as outlined. Hire, train and evaluate staff which includes goal setting, motivational coaching and discipline.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a concentration in Business Administration, Safety,
- Engineering and/or Physical Sciences is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of risk control experience (or related industry experience).
- Familiarity with OSHA and other industry safety standards is required.
- Maintain a proven dedication to professional development including a concentration on
- continued education.
- Possess good communication skills (presentation, interpersonal and written) and a
- thorough understanding of KBIG risk control vision and philosophies as well as general
- business operations.
- The ability to build effective relationships, work with minimal direction, and work well with
- management level personnel within customer organizations.
- Maintain good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage time and adhere to schedules. Extensive travel is required and requires current
- driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
Erin Brown Human Resources Advisor DIRECT 785.233.7860 | FAX 785.233.7802 | TOLL FREE 800.635.2310 | WEBSITE WWW.CBSKS.COM 1240 SW Oakley | Topeka, KS 66604